Friday, September 28, 2012

Friday Favorite- Coffee and Today!

Starting today, I would love to talk about my favorite things on Fridays!

Many ministers have a weekday off.  Sunday is considered by many churches as a work day, so in order to get a two day weekend, many ministers (I say many because I have at least one friend who works Monday-Friday regardless of Sunday being a super busy day- just the differences in churches!) get a weekday off.

At Altamesa, the ministers get Friday off.

I love it.

It is hard for me to remember a time when I didn't have Fridays off.  I've been working in full time ministry for 6 years now, and at my previous congregation I had Fridays off too.

My absolute favorite thing to do on Fridays is sleep in a bit (my pups don't allow me to sleep in a whole lot), get a nice big cup of coffee, and watch the Today show while Pinterest-ing.

During the Fall and Winter months, when I lived by myself, I would always build a fire too.

Unfortunately, our current house has a fireplace that doesn't work very well, so it looks like I'm not going to be able to build a fire here when the cold weather comes... boo.

But I love the Today show.  I have watched it since I was little.  Most times curled up with my mom on her bed when school was out.  In fact, at 29, I still do that when I'm home.  Except now my sassy sister joins us.  :-)

I love Fridays.

Coffee and the Today Show- my first Friday Favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment