Saturday, August 3, 2013

21 Weeks: Nursery Prep



How far along? 21 weeks
Baby’s size? A carrot, I believe...
Total weight gain/loss: I'm going to guess that it's around 1 or 2 pounds, but I don't know for sure.
Maternity clothes? Yes!  And still loving them and the fabulous stretchy waistbands!
Stretch marks? Nope
Sleep: Ya'll, I got a Snoogle for my birthday from my dad and stepmom and I sleep like a LOG in (yes, IN) that thing.  It supports my back and hips in all the right places and I sometimes count down the hours in the evening until I get to get into bed and snuggle up with it.  It does, however, take up a LOT of room.  Thank goodness we have a king sized bed...
Best moment this week: Several!  First of all, my mom came into town and we went fabric shopping and bought some beautiful fabrics to use in the nursery at my favorite fabric store (Cabbage Rose).  We spent the next afternoon with my friend Erin sewing together a crib skirt.  My stepdad and sister came up too and we've spent a lot of time doing projects around the house to get ready for Miss Clara's arrival.
My mom brought a HUGE box of old baby clothes she kept and other little trinkets and it was so much fun going through everything!  Thankfully my mom and Aunt Beverly (who bought me some beautiful things and my mom kept pretty much ALL of it) have really classic taste and I'll be using those clothes for sure.

Miss Anything? I tried to lay on my stomach (purely out of habit) a few days ago and I immediately regretted it and missed it all at the same time.
Movement: This little girl is moving like crazy!  Mr. continues to be shocked at how much he can feel.  She's particularly active when I've been standing up or walking a lot and take a break.  What's really nuts is when she doesn't just kick or flail her arms around but moves her entire body from one side to the other... it's like something out of a sci-fi movie.  
Food cravings: Nothing in particular, just food in general! And when I want to eat, I want to eat THEN AND THERE.
Anything making you queasy or sick: The only thing I've noticed is if I eat too much, I get really uncomfortable.  And I get full really quickly too.  I'm guessing that my stomach is being smooshed a little bit by the growing girl.
Gender: As far as I know it's still a girl. :-)
Labor Signs: Nope.
Symptoms: Just a growing belly and some extreme tiredness if I do a lot.  Even just shopping with my mom literally wipes me out.  And I'm a shopper!  I can easily go an entire day with my mom hunting through stores, but this weekend it makes me tired just remembering shopping!  My mom kept telling my I was pooping out!
Belly Button in or out? Still it and being stretched to the max.
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Pretty happy!
Looking forward to: Next weekend when my OTHER set of parents will be here! Shopping (for my sister, stepmom and me) and painting (for Mr. and my dad)
Please pray for: Although my summer is at a close (sorry teensies!), my August is SUPER full.  I've got my parents coming next weekend, my in-laws the following weekend, and then a pastoral care seminar the weekend after that.

So Mr. and I made the first major purchase for the nursery this weekend.  Was it a crib?  Changing table? Nope and nope.  It was a glider and ottoman.  We will be buying the crib and dresser probably by the end of the weekend, but we're ordering the glider from Buy Buy Baby and it takes several weeks for it to come in.  So with a %20 off coupon in hand (hooray!), I went in today and ordered it.  I can't wait for it to come in!  And I can't wait to buy the crib and dresser!  Those are coming from walmart.com and target.com (why can't things be simpler!?).  In the end we're saving the most money that way and I think everything will look so good!  And everything is sturdy.  Which is a big plus for my super practical husband!

The crib bedding looks awesome!  Since finding out I was pregnant I knew I wanted to make my own crib skirt and buy a solid color crib sheet and skip out on the bumper pads.  And I'm so happy with my choice because I am in LOVE with my fabric choices and the way the skirt turned out!  I've still got a little more sewing to do (my mother-in-law and I are going to make a cradle sheet and changing pad cover in two weeks) and quite a few other projects, but I feel so good about the progress I've already made!

Here's a peek at what the nursery currently looks like.  I can't wait to continue to move things along!


No comments:

Post a Comment