Monday, September 24, 2012

Why blog?

Honestly (and I realize that this is probably pretty cliche...), I have been feeling the call to write down my thoughts on life as a newlywed, ministry, and really just living in general.  I read a lot of blogs and I read a lot of blogs that pertain to ministry.  I don't really know if there is a niche for female ministers who are newly married (and quickly approaching 30), but I wanted to aid in helping those that maybe could use some of my perspective.

I have been working in ministry (in some form or capacity) for almost 9 years.  I have been in full time ministry for 6 years (1 year in South Texas and 5 in North Texas).  I was single for all but the last 6 months of that (and by single I mean unmarried).  

I am the only female minister on staff.  I work hard (sometimes too hard probably) at making my name known and helping our ministers and our church see things from a female perspective.  Our tradition is ultra conservative, so it is already pretty groundbreaking that we even HAVE a female minister.

God has placed me in this place for divine purposes.  I truly believe that.  It is because of His plan that I am able to wake up every morning and it is because of His plan that I am able to pastor and care for the sweet people of my congregation.

I am also passionate about giving Singles a voice in an INCREDIBLY family oriented place.  It can be very lonely being the only single member in a staff.  It can also be very lonely at a staff/spouse retreat.  There are many wounds that I still have even though God appointed a husband to me in a wild way.

I am also trying to figure out how to be a wife.  I was incredibly independent and when I met Mr. Carnathan, it was strange to have any kind of dependence on someone.  I am still figuring out how to do all of that, all while making sure that Jesus is my main man.

I don't intend for this blog to have much direction.  In addition to pastoring, I also enjoy a lot of other things.  This won't be a "one size fits all" kind of blog.  It will probably end up being a mishmash of a lot of things.

Welcome to my chaos!

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you! ;-) (Reflections of Pine Springs are coming to mind!)

    Ahopefulhollar-

    ReplyDelete