Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Week 15: Recovering from Honduras!

Sorry about the angry face... I didn't really intend to put this on the world wide web!  But I am NOT poking my tummy out!  That is a legitimate pooch!


How far along? 15 weeks, baby!
Baby’s size? Um, a naval orange? Is that like a big orange!?
Total weight gain/loss: I will find out for sure next Friday at my next doctor's appointment.  I think I've actually gained a few pounds.  Only because I've eaten more (and higher calorie) meals this past week than I have in 3 months!  That Honduran food is FIIIIILING!  And hopefully super fattening!
Maternity clothes? Since I've been back in the states, I've worn my maternity jeans and shorts because oh my stars they are the most comfortable things ever.  OH!  And my best friend is getting married on Saturday and my bridesmaids dress FITS!  And if I hold my tummy, you can see my bump!
Stretch marks? Nope
Sleep: The bed I slept on in Honduras wasn't too comfy, but I still slept well.  After 14 hours of traveling on Monday, my own bed and pillow was pure bliss.  I've had a stuffy nose since Sunday and that hasn't really affected my sleep either.  Thank goodness!  I have an early flight to Houston in the morning and I'm planning on going to sleep immediately after I finish this blog and I'm praying for good sleep tonight too (I have to wake up at 4:15am).
Best moment this week: Worshipping with the Honduras on Sunday morning!  I love to hear singing in another language- it reminds me how BIG our God is.  And that we are ALL made in His image. 
Miss Anything? My appetite.  It was great in Honduras, but it's starting to wane a bit again.
Movement: Honestly, I think I am feeling something.  I know I don't know what I'm trying to feel, but I think I feel flutters.  It might be gas, but I'm convinced I feel something.
Food cravings: Not a thing.  
Anything making you queasy or sick: Everything?  Honestly, my tummy hasn't felt great since getting back on Monday.  Blech.
Gender: Still set to find out at the end of July
Labor Signs: Nope
Symptoms: Queasy, queasy, queasy! And absolutely knackerd!
Belly Button in or out? In!  And I have a feeling it's going to be in for a while.  I have a SUPER deep belly button.
Wedding rings on or off? On!
Happy or Moody most of the time: Honestly, I've been pretty moody.  *sigh* My sweet and patient husband has been very understanding.  I don't really have a desire to do much or even smile.  And I've got SO much to smile about.  I've felt completely overwhelmed by my summer schedule and I've been feeling super sick.  I think I caught a cold from some of the kiddos that I loved on last week, so on top of feeling queasy, I've been congested and had a sore throat.  I didn't even go into work today.  I'm ready to be back to my normal self!  
Looking forward to: DEANNA'S WEDDING THIS WEEKEND!  As overwhelmed as I am, I am SO excited that I'm going to get to watch my best friend get married!  And stand by her side as the maid (matron?) of honor!  This has been a day that has been LOOOONG coming and we've prayed about this since high school.  God is SO good!  I can't wait to share in Deanna and Kevin's BIG DAY!
Please pray for: The summer.  I know that's super vague, but I've been praying that God will transform lives this summer.  The lives of my teens, the lives of our congregation... We have so much good stuff offered this summer and I'm praying that I will move out of the way and let HIM move!

I hope everyone has had a good week.  I'm so blessed by so many things.  This past week in Honduras was just GOOD.  Thank you for all your prayers for this past week.  I can't wait to go back (though it will be a while before I do go back with Nugget on the way).  It will be a trip that I know I want Nugget to go on.  Please pray for the community of Campamento.  The people that we met there are so amazing!  The US folks that are there are working so hard and are making such a blessed impact on the Hondurans there.  Prayers all around!

No comments:

Post a Comment