Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Week 19: Excited!


I really ought to have Mr. start taking my pictures... I hate selfies.  Never taken one in my life until I got preggers.  Mr. is just never available when I take the pictures (he was mowing tonight).  
It hasn't been a week yet since my last weekly update (at some point I'd like for these updates to always be on the same day, but that hasn't quite happened yet), but I didn't want to update any later because we find out if we're having a boy or a girl tomorrow afternoon and I felt like if I updated tomorrow or Friday that I would be lying once I got to the "gender" section of the update.  I know, it's ridiculous.  I don't want to tell the internet until my family, friends, and church knows.
We are VERY excited to find out though.  I already told Patrick I'll be going out tomorrow after my appointment and buying an outfit in either pink or blue to show our parents via FaceTime tomorrow night!  And NAMES!  We can start nailing down NAMES!  So good!
On with the update:
How far along? 19 weeks
Baby’s size? Mango!
Total weight gain/loss: Dr. appointment tomorrow and as I said next week, I'm hoping that I have gained at LEAST 2 pounds.  Honestly, the way I've been eating I don't think it will be too big of a problem... especially since I just ate my second dinner for the night.
Maternity clothes? I bought a pair of skinny jeans from Old Navy.  So far I have been a big fan of Old Navy maternity.  Especially the prices!
Stretch marks? Nope.  My sweet friend Jessica suggested Palmer's Cocoa Butter for Stretch Marks and I LOVE it.  I'm not really concerned with stretch marks at this point, but my belly was ITCHING.  The lotion is nice and thick and smells like chocolate.  Love it.
Sleep: It's been awesome this week since we moved our dog Brady out of the bedroom.  He's such a good dog, but he's OBNOXIOUS at night.  He wants to sleep on the bed with us, but we haven't been letting him since we found out we're pregnant.  But he still wants to get up on the bed, so he puts his head on the bed and whines and whines and whines.  We tell him no, he lays down on his bed and sighs loudly.  This goes on multiple times at night until Mr. and I finally fall asleep and he sneaks onto the bed.  Ugh.  So ridiculous.  AND if there's a storm, he will stand up on the bed and BARK.  That is just about the worst thing ever... being woken up by a barking dog at like 3am.  So he's been sleeping in the living room.  Of course he's also been whining at the door... but after Mr. got on to him the first night and I got onto him last night, he went to bed and got over it.  So nice and happy sleep for me!
Best moment this week: What I THINK is the baby moving.  It's pretty weird and at first it made me just a little nauseous, but now that it's gotten a little more consistent it's pretty cool.  Also, I talked to my mom about what the baby will wear when it comes home (I know... it's ridiculous, but this is what my mom and I do- we plan small things ridiculously in advance.  usually what most folks would consider NOT a big deal is a big deal with me and my mom) and she told me that me and my brother and sister all came home in Feltman Brothers outfits (which are SUPER expensive).  She offered to let me have my coming home outfit if it's a girl and borrow my brother's coming home outfit if it's a boy... which led her to looking through all of our baby stuff.  Ya'll... she sent me pictures of my stuff and it's a little ridiculous how much clothing she kept!  Plus some other really fun and sentimental things like baby blankets made by her and my great great Aunt Grace and a chalk drawing that my dad had done of me!  So fun to see pictures of all this stuff.
Miss Anything? It's getting uncomfortable to sleep on my stomach and I'm a BIG stomach sleeper.  That's probably the biggest thing right now.  With my hunger, returned my love of plain old water, so I'm definitely not missing drinking water lately!
Movement: YES!  What I'm feeling HAS to be the baby!  I'm anxious for my ultrasound tomorrow so I can see how the baby is moving around in there.
Food cravings: Nothing in particular, just FOOD.  I've been doing a good job of eating this week and trying to make up for what I've lost.  I had a friend offer to bake me some healthy and delicious treats... I think I'll have to take her up on it (please, Julia!?).
Anything making you queasy or sick: NO!  *cue Hallelujah Chorus*
Gender: WE FIND OUT TOMORROW!!!!!  That's why I'm writing this post today... my teensies don't find out until Sunday night (we're telling family tomorrow night and friends on Saturday night) and I definitely want them to know BEFORE I put it on the world wide web.
Labor Signs: Nope.
Symptoms: Nesting is beginning... I can tell.  I've been cleaning and organizing and prepping and planning... I've started to tackle the pit of the nursery and can't wait to start really decorating!
Belly Button in or out? In, but being stretched.
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Happy or Moody most of the time: I've been very happy- Mr. even commented on how he could tell how much better I've been feeling.  I'm just praying I continue to have more good days than bad.
Looking forward to: TOMORROW! We'll find out what the sex is and I'm so excited!  I have absolutely NO preference.  I still have a feeling it's a girl though... We'll find out tomorrow if I'm right or wrong!  I'm also excited to start being able to call it a HE or SHE.  It's a little annoying to keep calling it IT.  Which is why I tend to just say "nugget."  It just seems a little more personal.
Please pray for: Next week is our Day Camp at church and is a pretty exhausting week.  Last months Day Camp was where I started feeling miserable, so I'm praying that I'll have just enough energy to get me through the day.  God will provide exactly what I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment