Friday, July 12, 2013

Week 18: Back to normal!!!



I do believe I'm getting thicker around my midsection!  This was taken last night (the previous post's picture was taken on Monday) after I devoured a delicious pizza and orange cream soda from BJ's.  Food baby AND real baby?
I am feeling SO much better.  Like, I can't describe to you the night and day difference that I feel from even just earlier this week.  I'm totally understanding the whole "2nd trimester energy" that I was certain was a myth for me.  Case in point: 
Yesterday I only worked until about noon because I was going to be gone with my teensies all night for a youth rally (Summer Youth Series) and I am working today.  So my plan was to go home and get some rest since I was going to be pretty busy.  However, as I was driving home (which is literally a 2 minute drive), I drove past the turn to my neighborhood and decided to run to Target to grab a few things to organize my craft closet.  
The craft closet needs to be cleaned and reorganized so we can move all of Mr.'s hunting/fishing/office supplies out of the room that will be the nursery and into the craft closet.
I got home and completely reorganized and cleaned up the craft closet.  And then worked on the office.  And cleaned 2 bathrooms.  And the kitchen.  And took the trash out.  And picked up a 15 passenger van and then took a 15 passenger van BACK* (see bottom of post for an explanation on THAT madness...).
I feel back to myself.  Which this time even last week I couldn't imagine.  THANK YOU so much for all the prayers.  God has been so good to me.
How far along? 18 weeks
Baby’s size? Sweet potato- whoa.
Total weight gain/loss: I have a Dr. appointment on Thursday and I'm so hoping I've gained at least 2 pounds.
Maternity clothes? Yes- LOVE my stretchy waists!  And I went swimming for the first time and wore a maternity swimsuit and loved that it really showed off my belly!
Stretch marks? None, but the stupid rash has been making my belly ITCH like crazy!
Sleep: Best moment this week: SO many.  Probably the best has been hearing updates from my friends who are at camp with my high schoolers.  I seriously cried when they left on Sunday afternoon and I get pretty emotional thinking about how God has spoken to them this week.  I can't explain how much I love this camp and the way that God uses this camp to invite teens to Him.  It was hard to not go, but SO GOOD to hear that He is working in their lives!
Miss Anything?  Coffee.  Or rather, the idea of coffee.  The thought of actually DRINKING coffee sounds terrible and disgusting, but I miss my morning ritual of drinking it at my desk as I settle into my morning routine.
Movement: YES.  I think... I will feel a rolling particularly after I eat and later in the evening.  And little thumpings?  Maybe?  It's so strange because I have absolutely NO idea what I'm supposed to be feeling.  I will press on my stomach and will feel movement too.  So obviously I've been doing that a LOT.
Food cravings: Coke.  Like COKE Coke.  And really cold in a can.  It's so weird, I was a big DIET coke drinker before I got pregnant and now that sounds like the worst thing ever.  Also, PICKLES.  Kosher dills.  I know lots of you read my Fbook post about polishing off a jar of pickles on Wednesday.  Mr. made sure to buy me a new jar that day.  Good man.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not really!!!  You have NO idea how excited I am to say that!!!  I've eaten really well (well, not really healthy...) this week.  There are definitely things that sound better than others, but isn't that always the case?
Gender: WE FIND OUT NEXT THURSDAY (as long as the baby cooperates)!
Labor Signs: Nope.
Symptoms: Okay moms who have done this before- round ligament pain!?  I have a little aching around my hip bones when I change positions and particularly when I get up out of bed in the mornings.  I've also noticed that if I haven't been drinking enough that it happens throughout the day as well.  Is that what I'm feeling?
Belly Button in or out? In, but looking wider than normal.
Wedding rings on or off? On.  
Happy or Moody most of the time: SO happy.  A little overwhelmed by the fact that we're almost halfway there, but feeling pretty happy most of the time.
Looking forward to: Our ultrasound on Thursday and the BFF is coming with her new hubby that same day.  Oh, and I turn 30 next Saturday!
Please pray for: Continued healing and energy.  And for my STUPID RASH to go away.  It's taking forever for it to heal and it's become quite itchy.  



No comments:

Post a Comment