Sunday, October 27, 2013

33 Weeks- 1st Shower!


How far along? 33 weeks- I'm getting a little nervous.  Only 7 weeks till my due date.  I had a hard time sleeping last night while thinking about everything that needs to be done...

Baby’s size? A durian fruit (whatever that is...)
Total weight gain/loss: Okay, I went to my doctor last Friday and he told me that I'd gained 1 pound in 2 weeks and then proceeded to say, "looks like you finally got your weight under control.  Have you been eating any differently?"

WHAT!?  At no point at any of my previous appointments has he said that he's concerned about my weight gain.  For the first 5 months it was the exact opposite.  I was so confused, but so shocked that I didn't even think to ask him what he meant by that... 

Total, I've gained 20 pounds from my lowest weight of my pregnancy.  Though the way I've been eating the past few days I might easily gain up to 30-35 pounds...

Stretch marks? None.
Sleep: Like I said above, my brain went into overdrive last night thinking about all that needs to be done.  Oi with the poodles already! (name that tv show!) Plus, the whole getting up all the time to go to the bathroom.  Thankfully, I'm not super drained during the day because of my lack of sleep.  I manage to get through the work day productively.  Aka, NOT falling asleep at my desk.
Best moment this week: PAYING OFF MY STUDENT LOANS!!!!!  Totally not pregnancy related I know, but all that money we've been using to pay off my loans can now go to other things (like saving for college...).  

And my incredibly sweet baby shower on Saturday night.  More on that below!
Miss Anything? Deep breaths and exercise.  Like running, sweating, dancing exercise.  I'm a good walker, but anything more strenuous than that tends to hurt a little...
Movement: She's still moving up a storm most of the day.  Every now and then she'll calm down a little, but then she's back to stretching, tumbling, twisting!
Food cravings: So much sweets cravings!  I was eating Taco Bell for lunch today (seriously, I couldn't get it out of my mind and had to stop for lunch...) and all I could think about as I ate the greasy deliciousness was how when I got back to the office how I was going to have several of the cookies that were left in the workroom.  Mind you, this was WHILE my stomach was greatly protesting the amount of food I was putting into it. 
Anything making you queasy or sick: I'm still not hugely hungry at dinner time.  I can take it or leave it.  Last night Mr. and I each had a salad (which I was kind of "so-so" about).  I didn't eat all of it and wasn't hungry at all the rest of the night.  That's VERY abnormal for pre-preggo Lauren.
Gender: Baby girl!
Labor Signs: Braxton hicks all the time.  Not at an alarming rate, but still frequent.  Usually at night and especially if I have had a long day.
Symptoms: 
Belly Button in or out? Still flat and showing no signs of poking out.
Wedding rings on or off? Still on. 
Exercise: I was up at 6:30am on Friday (my day off) and ran a ton of errands, re-organized all of the drawers in my bedroom, and (for the most part) packed our bags (minus baby's) for the hospital (which I realize might be a little early, but I was feeling super motivated).  I'm counting it.  
Happy or Moody most of the time: Pretty happy.  Weepy, but very rarely actually moody.  In fact, we just started watching "Once Upon a Time" and I cried in the first episode because a baby was given up.  I know, usually I would roll my eyes at myself too...
Looking forward to: My church baby shower!  And most of all, my family all being here.  Both sets of parents, all my siblings, and my mother-in-law, sister-in-law and niece will be here on Saturday and Sunday for the shower and I'm so excited!  

Please pray for: A healthy baby and mommy the remainder of this pregnancy... 6 weeks to go!


I can't tell you how absolutely BEAUTIFUL my shower was last Saturday night.  Mr.'s office threw it for us and it was such an incredible blessing.  We had the best time.  I love spending time with his co-workers and their spouses- it was a great evening.

We had the shower at the most beautiful and whimsical house, outside in a garden on a perfect night.  The weather was pretty cool, but it wasn't too cold.  The food was so delicious and there was a red velvet cake with a cream cheese filling for dessert.  Yum!  

The pictures from my phone don't do everything justice, but they'll have to suffice for now:






We are so thankful for all of the friends in our lives!  

No comments:

Post a Comment