Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Week 37: Counting Down


How far along? 37 weeks
Baby’s size? Winter melon
Total weight gain/loss: 30-ish pounds

Stretch marks? None.
Sleep: Same as last week.  I wake up at least 4 times in the middle of the night.  It's preparing me, right?
Best moment this week: I had a surprise sonogram on Friday.  Basically, my doctor wasn't completely sure she was still head-down, so Mr. and I got to go home with a few pictures which was so unexpected and fun!  She's still a girl (thank goodness or we would have A LOT of changes to make).  She's got a squished up nose and mouth.  And her hands are next to her feet.  She's all scrunched up in there!  

Miss Anything? Stomach sleeping, sushi, etc.  But I'm ITCHING to be in my normal clothes again.  I keep seeing these cute outfits on Pinterest and I can't wait to recreate them with my normal wardrobe.  I know that it will be a while before I fit into my normal clothes again, but I'm seriously excited about it. My mom suggested I buy a few things that will bridge the gap between my maternity clothes and my normal clothes.

Also, at the start of the pregnancy I was singing the praises of my maternity jeans.  I'm officially sick of them.  I miss buttoning and I'm so tired of my waistband WELL EXCEEDING my (currently non-existent) waist.  Though I'm a little afraid that I'll forget to zip.  Please be kind if I need to XYZ...
Movement: The past week she's got a foot or SOMETHING poking me in my side, or my hip bone.  Whatever it is it's SHARP!  I've been in a couple of meetings when she'll karate kick me and I gasp out in pain.  Which always amuses the predominantly male staff I work with.
Food cravings: Honeycrisp apples!  So stinkin' refreshing and tasty.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Coffee. The usual.
Gender: Baby girl!  Which was completely confirmed at the surprise sonogram on Friday!
Labor Signs: Braxton hicks contractions and contractions that have some pain with them.  The contractions aren't by any means regular or getting stronger, so I'm not concerned.  Also, as of Friday I'm 1-2 centimeters dilated and 70% effaced.  
Belly Button in or out? It's definitely popped out a little still.  I think she's dropped which has contributed to the pop.
Wedding rings on or off? Wedding band is on, but I haven't worn my engagement ring in a few weeks (which seriously makes me so sad).  
Exercise: Cleaning the house, grocery shopping... I'm counting it all at this point!
Happy or Moody most of the time: Pretty happy!  I haven't been too moody this week (you'll have to confirm that with Mr. though!).  
Looking forward to: Meeting Clara. 
Please pray for: Healthy baby and healthy mommy.

We've been so productive this week which is such a good feeling.  I deep cleaned the entire house on Friday which I told Mr. was the last time I was deep cleaning until after Clara makes her debut.  


Mr. still needs to install the car seat and put the monitor camera up, but those will be done by the end of the week.


I've been finishing up projects at work and making sure that everything is ready when I start my maternity leave. 


And Mr. and I went and saw Catching Fire on Saturday.  It was very important that I see it before I go into labor.  ;-)


All in all we feel pretty prepared about Clara's arrival.  I mean, as prepared as you can be I suppose!  


Baby girl, your mommy and daddy can't WAIT to meet you!

No comments:

Post a Comment