Sunday, December 1, 2013

38 Weeks: Let's do this!


How far along? 38 weeks (39 tomorrow)
Baby’s size? Pumpkin (for Thanksgiving!)
Total weight gain/loss: 30-ish pounds

Stretch marks? None.  I actually had Mr. check last night.  
Sleep: Pretty terrible.  Last night was rough.  I had a hard time going to sleep and ended up watching a few episodes of Friends on my iPad.  I finally fell asleep about 1am and was up at 1:30am to go to the bathroom and then it took me forever to get back to sleep... this happened at least 3 times last night.  Thankfully, I'm not a complete zombie during the day (I'm so thankful for that!) and I think I'm somewhat pleasant to be around still.  I won't let my lack of sleep steal my joy!
Best moment this week: Thanksgiving was so great.  Mr. and I didn't go anywhere this year (my family is in Houston and his is in Mississippi and we were given strict instructions by the doctor to NOT TRAVEL) and no one came up here since they all want to come when the baby is born, so it was just the two of us.  Which I don't think will ever happen again so we just soaked it up.  We had a quiet morning and watched the parade and ate french toast casserole.  Mr. mowed one last time (in the COLD!) and I decorated for Christmas.  We both showered and went and got Boston Market for a late lunch/early dinner and then I took a nap before we went to see Frozen.  It was seriously wonderful.  I'm soaking up these last few days of being a family of 2.  Love that guy!

Miss Anything? Right now I'm at the point where I just miss NOT BEING PREGNANT.  Although I'm SO excited and thankful to be a mom, I have not loved being pregnant.  I'm so thankful that the last 4 months have been much easier than the first 5 were, but I'm ready for it to be over.

A friend of mine told me that when it came time for labor, she knew without a doubt that God created us to be willing to do WHATEVER IT TAKES to get that baby out.  It's like he created the perfect timeline for women to be pregnant.  What an amazing Creator we have! 
Movement: Lots of movement.  And I'm pretty sure that she has the best time head-butting my bladder.  
Food cravings: Nothing in particular this week.  Though I did buy some more honeycrisp apples yesterday!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Coffee. The usual.  I'm hoping that I'm just like my mom and as soon as I give birth I will want a large cup of coffee.  Black.
Gender: Baby girl! 

Labor Signs: Contractions!  Nothing regular by any means, but still contractions.  There have been a few other things as well, but I don't want to scare/gross-out any of my teensies that may read this.  Or any dudes.  I definitely feel like my body is getting ready.
Belly Button in or out? It's an outie.  Just a little pop, but it's definitely out.  :)
Wedding rings on or off? Wedding band, no engagement ring.  I put my engagement ring in my hospital bag just in case I unswell enough in the hospital to put it on.
Exercise: Mr. and I walked the mall on Friday night (yup, with all those crazy Black Friday shoppers!).  I got tired pretty quickly and had to go to the bathroom (shocking).
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!  I've been getting stuff done which is always good.  I'm staying as busy as I can to avoid the whole sitting on the couch and over analyzing every little twinge of my body.  

Looking forward to: Meeting Clara. 
Please pray for: Healthy baby and healthy mommy.  For me to have complete confidence in my body and WHO CREATED my body when labor does begin!


We are so ready.

Mr. put the carseat in the car yesterday, and it was completely surreal.  In a matter of 2 weeks (or less) we are going to be parents.  

We are excited and nervous to meet this sweet baby girl!

1 comment:

  1. I am SO excited for you and will be praying... This baby is already so blessed!!!

    ReplyDelete