Wednesday, June 5, 2013

13 Weeks!

So, I'm 13 weeks (as of Monday) and depending on what you read, I'm either already in the 2nd trimester, or I'll be in the 2nd trimester next week.  In Lauren World, I'm in the 2nd trimester already.  Cause I HATE LOATHE AND DESPISE the 1st trimester.  I've got high hopes for the 2nd trimester and am fervently praying that it's better than the 1st.

I found a great template of questions to answer each week from My Food and Fitness Diaries.  I found Ashley's website through ANOTHER blog I've been reading (Clean Eating Chelsey).  Love these great bloggers and their journey of pregnancy!

On with week 13:


How far along? 13 weeks- and just in case you missed the memo above, I'm considering myself in the 2nd trimester!
Baby’s size? About the size of a peach.
Total weight gain/loss: I've lost a total of 10 pounds.  *sigh*  Hopefully I'll get a normal appetite back soon.  The 1st trimester has been really hard.  I've been super nauseous (though I've only thrown up 3 times) and so it's been hard to eat anything.  I told Mr. the other day that I'm probably getting all my calories through Gatorade and Sprite.  Water gives me heartburn.
Maternity clothes? I bought a pair of maternity jeans and a maternity skirt from Old Navy and OH. MY. STARS.  I've been getting a little thicker around the waist and I think I'll wear elastic waist forever.  If I wear my regular jeans, I won't keep them buttoned the entire day.  TMI?
Stretch marks? Nope.
Sleep: I've slept like a rock this past week.  Typically I'll fall asleep around 11pm and while watching reruns of the Office or the Mr. watching McGyver (yay Netflix).
Best moment this week: Last Friday I felt absolutely AMAZING.  Like I had a desire to go shopping (which hasn't happened in 2 and a half months).  I ran errands, met Mr. for lunch, shopped for fun at Ulta (and found an awesome mascara for $3), and went and saw a movie with my sweet friend Meredith.
Miss Anything? Drinking water.  I can't tell you how much I dread drinking water.  I've started to get big cups of ice and eating that.  I make sure to drink 8 oz. a day, but that's usually all I can handle.  And it has to be absolutely ice cold.  Lukewarm anything aint going to cut it. 
Movement: Sometimes if I'm really really still I'll think I MIGHT feel something.  But then I realize I'm just making it up in my head.
Food cravings: Popsicles.  Anything icy and really cold.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Lukewarm water.  The dogs' food (I hold my breath when I feed them). Most sweets sound terrible.  Blech.
Gender: We will find out at the end of July (God willing!)
Labor Signs: Not a one (and I'm so grateful for that right now)
Symptoms: Extreme exhaustion and nausea.  A friend of mine and I were talking the other day about how NO ONE prepared us for the exhaustion of pregnancy.  There have been days when I literally can't get out of bed and have had to call in to work (and I can't tell you how thankful I am for the amazing and understanding co-workers I have).  There was a point at about 8 and 9 weeks that I was taking 2 one hour long naps a day.  And then going to bed at like 9pm.  
Nausea has been ridiculous.  Like I said above, I've only thrown up a few times, but I've been completely unable to eat.  To the point where Mr. and I have had arguments about me eating.  My doctor put me on Zofran to try and help the nausea so I wouldn't continue to lose weight.  
Belly Button in or out? In.
Wedding rings on or off? On.  Though Mr. has had swollen hands the past few days... curious.
Happy or Moody most of the time: It depends on the day and how nauseous I feel.  If I am nauseous, I'm VERY mopey.  To the point where Mr. has made it his personal mission to make me smile and I still won't.  I have noticed that I cry a lot more and at the DROP OF A HAT.  We're talking, I cried during BATTLESHIP.  Yeah.  Judge away.
Looking forward to: Feeling better! Especially since I'm leading a team on a mission trip to Honduras next week!
And I'm adding this question:
Please be praying for: Our trip to Honduras!  There are 14 of us traveling next Monday (the 10th) and we'll be getting back the following Monday (the 17th).  Thankfully there are plenty of medical type people going (including the Mr.) so I know that Nugget (a nickname my sister gave the baby) will be well taken care of.  I just hope that I'm feeling well enough to fully contribute.  And even if I don't, my prayer is that God will use me exactly how I need to be used- whether I feel good or not.  Please pray for safe travels and God's will be done in the town of Campamento.

No comments:

Post a Comment