Monday, August 26, 2013

24 Weeks: a pretty low key week

Let's just check out the progress from a few weeks ago since I'm wearing the same shirt:

I seem to have grown a little bit more of a belly.  :)

How far along? 24 weeks
Baby’s size? A cantelope.  Yikes!
Total weight gain/loss: I'm guessing around 13-15 pounds.  My cravings aren't quite as strong over the past week.  So I only bought one box of chocolate cereal at the grocery this week, not 2.
I've also noticed that I can't eat quite as much.  I think that Clara might be taking over some of my stomach space.
Mr. and I went on a fancy dinner date Thursday and I made sure that I was careful to not fill up on bread, so that I could savor every moment of stuffed mushrooms,Caesar salad, steak, and lobster.  And we made sure to take home the complimentary mocha ice cream cake (complimentary because it was our first time at this restaurant).  It was so delicious, and I wasn't ridiculously stuffed to the point of being uncomfortable.  Which is vitally important if I want to sleep.
Stretch marks? Nope.
Sleep: Ah sleep... my sweet friend Alice suggested that maybe Phoebe keeping me up at night was practice for the real deal when Clara will keep me up at night.  
Unfortunately, if Phoebe wakes me up in the middle of the night I'm quite grumpy. In fact, she woke me up last night and I was not very nice to her.  Mr. ended up getting up and then explaining to me that she just really needed to go to the bathroom and that's why she was freaking out in her kennel. 
I probably need to work on that.
Best moment this week: My awesome date with my husband.  After 3 weeks in a row of family being here, we needed that date.  I just love hanging out with him.  We crack each other up! And we were able to sit and just TALK. It was good for the soul.
Miss Anything? A really great night's sleep.  On my stomach.  Until like 10am.
Movement: I don't think that she ever STOPS moving.  I love every minute of it. She's getting super strong and it cracks Mr. up when she makes my stomach dance and move around.
A friend of ours is a nurse practitioner and gave us a stethoscope to see if we could hear her heartbeat (we can't... you apparently have to find her back to be able to hear the heart. That's near impossible as far as I'm concerned) and Mr. was using it to listen to my stomach and she did NOT appreciate that.  She was kicking and thumping and swatting whenever he would press down just a little bit.  So cool!
Food cravings: Orange juice and fruit lately.  And lots of water with lemon. 
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not that I can think of.
Gender: Baby GIRL!
Labor Signs: Nothing.  I think I might be feeling braxton hicks.  Just every now and then.  My mom apparently had a lot with all 3 of her kids, so I'm wondering if maybe I will too.
Symptoms: Just an ever growing belly and lots of tiredness.
Belly Button in or out? Practically flat.  It's really strange to see my belly button so SMALL!
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Incredibly weepy.  Ask Mr.  I've been crying at EVERYTHING.  I was watching Friends during my lunch break today and it was the episode where Ross finds out that he's having a little boy.  Tear city.
Tonight it was a tv commercial.
And if I start talking about Clara, it's likely that the water-works might start.  If nothing else, I'm going to well up.  Oh pregnancy hormones...
Looking forward to: My next appointment which will be right about the time I'm beginning the 3rd trimester!  Oh, and our lamaze classes!  We start at the end of September.
Please pray for: Healthy pregnancy and baby girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment