Monday, September 2, 2013

Week 25: Exercise!?


I would like to state from the beginning that I did NOT exercise before I took this picture.  It was 105 degrees outside and I needed to run some errands and this was the coolest most comfortable outfit I could come up with.  :)

When I first got pregnant I was still going to the gym a few times a week.  In fact, I told one of my best friends I was pregnant while at the gym right before a weight lifting workout.  A few days later we took a Zumba class together.  And then the real symptoms started... and I could hardly make it through a work day.

Ugh.

And since I work full-time, I'm usually completely worn out when I get home.  And I usually am trying to do some chores and get dinner ready right after that... exercise is seriously the last thing I want to do. Most evenings I take a little catnap from 6pm-6:30pm while waiting for Mr. to come home.

My mother-in-law used to be a lamaze instructor and suggested walking when she was here a few weeks ago.  I like to walk and Phoebe could certainly use something to distract her from all her incessant licking and scratching (Brady is WAY too strong for me to try to walk right now), so this morning I got up and took a little walk.  It was nice and I'm going to try to do it several times a week.

What makes this challenging is figuring out WHEN to walk.  In case you hadn't heard, it's been well over 100 degrees in North Texas the past month or so.  I'm not usually someone who gets too hot, but I can hardly stand to walk from the church to my car somedays... so I'll either have to wake up earlier (something I don't particularly want to do especially since I've only got a couple months left of sleeping normally) or go once the sun goes down.  We shall see.  I'll keep ya'll informed.  :)


How far along? 25 weeks (actually I'm 26 weeks today, but this is the update for last week)
Baby’s size? A head of cauliflower
Total weight gain/loss: No idea, I have a doctor's appointment next Thursday and I'm curious to find out.
Stretch marks? None.
Sleep: Love my snoogle!  Mr. refers to it as the Great Wall of China
Best moment this week: IKEA!  JUST BETWEEN FRIENDS!  Apparently, shopping... I went to Ikea with a friend and bought the bookshelves for the wall and 4 white picture frames for the book covers that I scanned.  Those will go above Clara's crib.  
I also went to my first Just Between Friends sale.  My friend Joanie owns the Fort Worth sale (which is the biggest in Texas) and since I am volunteering for her, I was able to get in a little early.  It was awesome.  I was able to get a play yard and a few winter maternity things as well as 2 little outfits for Clara (I just couldn't stand it).  It will definitely be something I will do again!
Miss Anything? Since I talked about exercise at the beginning, I'm missing the hip hop class I used to take.  My favorite instructor left a few months ago and I so don't have the energy to take it, but I miss it.  
Movement: All. The. Time.  It makes me super happy!
Food cravings: Nothing in particular.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing, though I'm not near as ravenous as I've been in past weeks.
Gender: Baby girl!
Labor Signs: Definitely feeling braxton hicks fairly frequently. 
Symptoms: Just tiredness and super belly.  It seems in the past week my belly has just grown and grown and grown!
Belly Button in or out? What belly button?  Seriously, my deep pit of a belly button is now a mere sliver of an opening because it's so stretched out.  It's so funny to look at!
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Very VERY weepy.  
Looking forward to: I can not wait to meet her.  I obviously want her to stay put for a while, but goodness I'm excited for December to get here!!
Please pray for: Healthy baby, healthy mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment