Sunday, September 8, 2013

Week 26: Why can't we all get along!?


(Please ignore the unmade bed in the background and the snoogle that looks like a person...)
 I am a part of the BabyCenter website (I get weekly emails saying what size baby girl is, what's going on with her development, what lovely new symptom to expect, etc) and when I joined they put me in a forum group called, "December 2013 Birth Club."
Now, I have never posted on this board and after reading through the posts, there is absolutely NO way I ever would.  
Unfortunately instead of a place where kind words of encouragement and respect are spoken, it has turned into a nasty and hurtful place.  Women are hateful and hurtful.  They have no regard for feelings or different opinions.  It makes me uncomfortable to read.  But I continue to go there because sometimes there is a glimmer of goodness amidst the garbage.  And I'm sorry, but saying something like "no offense" doesn't make the hateful thing you just said any less hateful.
I haven't experienced a lot of this, but it saddens me that because someone differs in opinion, you can't be kind and gracious to them.  You can't love them and you can't be friends with them?  Because being a mother will be one of the most personal and intimate experiences you will have I think it stirs up a lot of emotions, but PLEASE can we serve one another in love?  Let's put down our opinions on what's best and support what works best for each and every family!  And most of all, let's turn to our Father in Heaven.
Glad I got that off my chest.  :)
How far along? 26 weeks
Baby’s size? A rutabaga (that's a fun word to say!)
Total weight gain/loss: Maybe I should start weighing myself... nah!  I have a doctor's appointment this week and I'm sure they'll let me know.
Stretch marks? None.
Sleep: Pretty good this week!  I think we've finally got the little monsters (aka the dogs) at a good place.  Brady doesn't jump up on the bed in the middle of the night anymore (PRAISE GOD!) and since we moved Phoebe's kennel into the bedroom she doesn't make near as much ruckus in the wee hours of the morning.  I get up to pee at least once in the middle of the night, but other than that I sleep like a rock. Even with a stopped up nose this week! Praying that continues!
Best moment this week: I absolutely LOVE feeling baby girl moving around.  And she does it a LOT which makes this mama happy happy happy!  Mr. enjoys watching my tummy move around so much too.  I mean it's the best thing about pregnancy as far as I'm concerned (which is saying something because I'm not such a huge fan of actually BEING pregnant).
Miss Anything? I've reached a point now where I can't stinking paint my toenails!  So if you see my lovely, nail polish-less toes, I apologize. At this point it's either let Mr. paint them or get a pedicure.  Or maybe my toenails just need a polish-free break?  That just might be the case...
Movement: She's currently doing a little dance in there.  So good.  I am SO curious to know where she is and what direction she is in.  Because I can feel little lumps of her, but I have NO idea what I'm feeling.  Is it a butt?  Is it her head?  Foot, elbow... not a clue!
Food cravings: Fruit.  Lots of fresh fruit.  Last week I got home late after a meeting and wasn't too hungry and grabbed a Pink Lady apple out of the fridge.  Apparently it was quite large because Mr. looked over and said, "holy cow, is that apple big enough for you!?"  Sadly it wasn't...
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing.  But goodness I can't eat a lot at once.  So I eat little things all through the day.  And not always healthy things... but I'm so not worrying about it.
Gender: Baby girl!
Labor Signs: Still having braxton hicks fairly frequently.  My mom apparently had them a lot with my brother and sister and so I'm wondering if it's something inherited?
Symptoms:   I've had a stuffed up nose which I've heard can be a symptom.  But I could also be just as easily fighting a cold or allergies... I am pretty much always tired even if I've had a good night's sleep or a nice nap.  I just work through it though and remember I'm sharing my body with someone!
I've also had some serious lower back pain.  Good thing Mr. is a PT and can help with that. 
Belly Button in or out? A slightly more stretched out sliver.  I'm having a hard time remembering what it once looked like.  :)
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Exercise: I've walked some this week and I bought a pregnancy yoga dvd!  I haven't used the dvd yet, but that's my goal this week.  I love yoga and I'm praying that it will relieve some of my back pain.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, but still quite weepy.  I cry at the drop of a hat.  Mr. and I went to talk to our insurance agent on Thursday about life insurance (I know... we're so grown up) and I cried in the insurance agent's office.  I know that we need to get it taken care of, but who's idea was it to talk about LIFE INSURANCE with a 6 months pregnant lady!?
Looking forward to: Okay, so I have a doctors appointment on Thursday and I'm looking forward to hearing the heart beat as always!  However, I'm taking my glucose tolerance test.  I'm not looking forward to that (not that I'm really dreading it).  
This starts my once every-other-week appointments.  I'm excited about that!  Every other week of hearing sweet Clara's heartbeat!?  Yes please!
Also, next week I'm going to Abilene Christian University's SUMMIT with my friend Kim.  Not only am I looking forward to lots of classes and lectures and hanging with Kim, but I get to see my sweet friend Juliette and her husband!  I haven't seen them in years and Jules and I were thick as thieves in college.  PLUS, she's due with her first (a boy!) in November and we just can't even wait to sit down and chat! 
Please pray for: Healthy baby, healthy mommy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment